Friday, March 7, 2014

Prince Charming

I haven't been drawing a whole lot recently, so here is a drawing I did on November 3rd, 2012. (A long time ago) Have you ever hear of artists drawing things upside down and wondered, "Why on earth would you do that?" I used to think that, but then I read a drawing book and drew a few "upside-down" drawings.  They are actually super fun.

By turning the picture that I was drawing from, upside down, I can do one of two things. Try to actually draw the picture upside down, or focus on the lines, spaces, and shadings that I see (which ends up creating the whole picture.). This is one of my "upside-down" drawings. I call it Prince Charming, just because it is a knight on a horse and that's the first thing that came to mind. A bit cliche, I know.

- Nicole E.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You did that off of an upside down picture? I have tried to do those before and they never turn out half that good! Great job!

    BTW, the first thing I thought of when I read the title of your picture was how you called Crusoe, prince charming. I don't think he word that much armor, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did one and it ended up with a very smushed head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This your "Prince Charming" Nicole??!:) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no offense i thought i was funny!

      Delete